I was talking recently to my colleague Joe Lynch, who produces the Logistics of Logistics podcast. We got on the subject of marketing being a logistics company’s best sales person and Joe suggested “Let’s do a podcast on that.” So we did. Check out this recent episode of the Logistics of Logistics podcast.
In the podcast, Joe and I discuss a range of problems related to logistics marketing:
- The way companies buy today is different, but logistics businesses have not yet evolved their marking and selling practices to address this new buyer behavior
- Logistics companies ask sales people to fill the pipeline as well as work and close deals, but they often lack the skills to do efficient lead generation
- Logistics business want to move to lead generation tactics before they clearly define the company’s market position and unique selling proposition
- Getting budget support for marketing is hard – many senior executives see marketing as a cost center and not as an investment
- Buyers are frustrated with generic sales pitches from logistics companies
The podcast is also available on all podcasting platforms (Spotify, Google, Apple, Tunein, Stitcher, Castbox, etc.).